Pages

About Me

My photo
I quit my teaching job to stay home with my boys almost 6 years ago. It was the best decision my husband and I ever made for our family. It hasn't always been easy or perfect, but it has been wonderful! I have enjoyed the time I get to spend at home with our littles, but I also discovered that I needed an outlet. I workout at the gym for my body, but my brain also needs a workout. I decided to start a blog to exercise my brain a bit.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Washington, D.C. Visit


I have been blessed to attend the Schools to Watch conference in Washington, D.C. this week. While I was here I've heard many great speakers and am able to take a whole slew of ideas back to my class for the coming school year. One perk to being In the nation's capital is all of the historic sites that are available to view.

The place that I was so very excited to visit was the Library of Congress. As a reading teacher and lover of all things related to reading, I was in heaven! The exhibit that I found to be the most powerful was Jefferson's Library. The collection and variety of books stored by Thomas Jefferson was astounding. I am thrilled to see that our country values knowledge in this manner and makes it available to us not only at the LOC but in an online digital database! In Jefferson's own words "I cannot live without books."

No comments:

Post a Comment